What is this?
Any official document from a government/organisation or company that will be used in a legal context in Continental Europe:
- Legal documents: birth/marriage/divorce/death certificates, No Impediment to Marriage, Powers of Attorney, Adoption, etc..
- Academic qualifications: University degrees
- Residents' Permits: Passport, Police clearances, Medical statements, Immunization records, Employment records
- Contracts: with foriegn companies, buying a house abroad
- Financial documents: to be published in other countries
A sworn translation is:
- Signed and has the official stamp (registration number) of that sworn translator.
- Sworn translator is regulated by a Government ministry or appointed by the courts of that country
- Valid in any legal context, as the translated document is considered a legal document in its own right.
Which countries require a Sworn translation?
- France French Sworn translation
- Spain Spanish Sworn translation
- Czech republic
Continental Europe, that use 'Civil law'
Do I need this for the British Government?
No. You would need a 'UK Certified translation'.
Any document (passport, marriage certificate, will, police report, insurance documents, university degree, contract with a foriegn company, etc..) that is presented to any department within the British Government has to be translated into English by a 'certified translator'. For it to be legally recognised it has to bear the signature and membership number of that certified translator.
That translator has to be an Associate/Member/Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Linguists or Institute of Translation and Interpreting in the relevant language pair.
Your translation can only be delivered as a hard copy (via mail or courier) as the original document has to be received by the translator.
Why use us for your Sworn Translation?
• Our 24 hour/7 day week operation means you get your quality translation on time.
• Our low cost infrastructure is passed on to our clients, so we can offer quality translation from 14p per word.
• Use our translation quote calculator to get an instant translation quote for your Sworn translation.
...or click here for a personalised translation quote.
Click here to see our recent case studies of translation projects.